Monday, April 11, 2011

Just an off day

Today was just one of those days. I couldn't get any motivation going to do any sketching or coloring. I spent most of the day reading updates about the Fraud-who-shall-not-be-named. If it wasn't for that I think my week would have been rather boring actually but, that is dieing down and people including myself are just getting tired of that idiot.

The one positive thing that did come out of that whole ordeal is I got some character ideas for my comic book. I only plan to use partial names instead of likenesses since I can't draw that well and I wouldn't want anyone coming down on me for likeness rights. I figure that Sheriff Waid and Deputy Sciver should be homage enough to this whole past couple weeks. It would also serve as an awesome inside joke to those in the community to share. I haven't even reached that far into the storyline yet so that is still a long ways off.

That reminds me that maybe I should actually try writing a partial script for my storyline. The way I'm working it out now is frame by frame. I sketch in the frame and let the story flow from one to the next and then hope that I can remember the dialog when I go back to add the text frames.

My current predicament has me at the next to last frame for a page, I know what I want in the frame but, I don't know how I want to represent it with the drawing. Most of the frames I have up to this point can pretty much tell the story for themselves with maybe a little bump from narration. I haven't gotten into any Dialog heavy situations yet but, after I figure out the one panel I am currently stuck on that will change. The sad part is that I am only on the 6th page with 2 panels left, which when finished will only be 18 panels. I am so in over my head but, that's life, if you aren't in over your head how do you know that you can really swim? I don't expect this comic to be finished any time soon if at all given how my life usually goes but, I am going to try even if it is the only one that I ever get done.

I guess that should be more than enough rambling for one day considering I didn't think I had anything to really post. Comments are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment