Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Comic Book Characters

 Today I am posting my character development sketches from my comic book. I know my drawing skill isn't the greatest yet but, if you don't at least aim for the stars you'll never find out how close you can get. I always wanted to at least write a comic book but, never thought I would be crazy enough to attempt doing the whole thing myself.

 In any case I have some concept sketches to share and maybe even a couple finished pages and some rough drafts of pages. I think this post will be mostly concept sketches and the others I will save for another post when the day is slow.

Photoshop sketches of the two main characters Alin and K7.
I found out the hard way that you shouldn't run Photoshop while your virus scan is running.
Usually when I sketch in Photoshop I like to use a line sculpting technique, where I sketch in some scraggly thick lines and then erase what I don't want until it looks right. Since these weren't intended to be finished drawings, I didn't bother making everything look perfect.




Two more basic idea sketches for the first humans to make contact with the main characters.
his is Sara and Cassi (holding Teddy bear).
The idea behind these two making first contact is in the innocent and mischievous nature of children, the older being more mischievous and the younger being the innocent. The whole idea should create some interesting misadventures for the first parts of the comic.


This is an actual finished lineart of Alin. I am still trying to work out the "uniform", I don't want to use the generic default gray or silver and the nude alien idea won't work with this particular species.



Here I have Alin and Cassi together in a shaded pencil sketch, I screwed up and made Cassi too small in the sketch. Alin isn't really that tall and I was trying to compensate their height differences but, I ended up making it look like Cassi is in the background instead of standing next to Alin.



This was just me messing around with DA Muro. I figured I would give it a try since I use Chrome for my browser and Muro is a free app. This is also, at the time of this posts creation, my profile pic.


UPDATE:
Is it just my computer or are some of the images only partially loading?

No comments:

Post a Comment