Friday, April 8, 2011

New pencils

Seeing as how I am broke 90% of the time, when I did manage to get some money I went out and bought me some sketch pencils. The only place I had available at the time was Walmart whose art department could fit into their Ipod display case. I got lucky that they had anything at all. I have no idea where the brand sits as art supplies go but, they do work rather nicely. I have been doing some random sketches with these new pencils to get a feel for them. Take a look and see what you think.

The first test sketch with the new pencils.


I was actually trying out a new drawing style with this one and played with a little extra shading. Any resemblance to any copyrighted characters is purely accidental.


I like both of these. I know I left out some obvious shading but, oh well, it still turned out pretty decent.


I did this one in my sketchbook instead of on printer paper. I think I almost used 6 or 7 pencils on this one. I wanted to try using the shading to simulate fur.


Basically I am still learning things here and there. I am constantly trying new techniques and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment