Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Too tired for a title

I actually had the urge to do some drawing/sketching today but, wasn't sure what to draw. I tried a few timed pieces to see what I could do in 5 minutes or less. I managed to get a few sketches done that way but, none of them are worth scanning or even using my phone's camera on. I realized I needed some kind of referenceto get me going in the right direction but, what would I use? Then it hit me, I had a small stack of old comic books that I haven't read for some time. I separated them out according to publisher and the Marvel stack was a bit higher than the DC. Anyway, during the sorting 2 caught my eye and I decided to read them while I scanned the artwork for anything to reference for basic facial or body structure to get me started.

I only ended up with a small sketch referencing the cover of Excalibur #43



This one is X-Man from The Age of Apocalypse: The Chosen pg.4


These will eventually end up on the original art page, if I keep this up I will have to make a separate page just for fanart.

Very sleepy for some reason so, I think I will leave you good people with the above and go get me some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment